Mt.Longonot National Park
The savannah ecosystem lies about 90km from Nairobi. The ecosystem mainly comprises of the mountain rising to 2,776m above sea level. On the sides of the mountain are V-shaped valleys and ridges with little vegetation; however a thick forest occurs within the crater. Major wildlife attractions include buffaloes, elands, lion, leopard, Bushbucks, common zebra, giraffe, grant gazelles, Thomson gazelles and many other antelopes. Other attractions include the extinct volcano and the crater forest, views of LakeNaivasha and the Great Rift Valley.
- The park is accessible via tarmac road from Nairobi (90 kms)
- 52 km2
- Naivasha, RiftValleyProvince
- Temperature ranges from 20-300 c and rainfall from 200mm – 700 mm
PERSONNEL ON CALL
- The Warden
- At present the park does not operate on smart card system. Entry is by cash only (KSH or US$).
- Extinct volcano and crater forest, Scenic Landscape, Views of lake Naivasha and the Great Rift Valley.
- The park is a paradise for birds of prey
- Buffalos, Gazelles, Impala and girrafe
WHERE TO STAY
- In – Park Accommodation
- There is no accommodation in the Park ; although a wide range of accommodations options are available in Naivasha town and along Moi South Lake Road.
- There are no self-catering facilities at Hell’s GateNational Park.
- Camping Facilities
- Olongoonot campsite
- Rock climbing
- Viewing LakeNaivasha
BEST TIME TO VISIT
- All year round
WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU
- Drinking water, picnic items and camping equipment if you intend to stay overnight. Also useful are: binoculars, camera, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and guidebooks
Book your trip to Mt. Longonot National Park Here